Monday, July 19, 2010

On the road again,...

On Sunday the kids and I left the lake and headed over to Greenville, SC to visit my BFF from my younger days!! I went back roads through the mountains to get there. We went through several National Forest and a couple different rivers. The best part was passing a reenactment of the Civil War. Yes..you read right!! It was tempting to stop and give the kids a history lesson. However, the my daughter cries at the Hound and Fox so I wasn't sure a gun battle was the best memory for her to have this young. The kids were awesome travelors both ways!! Thank goodness for the minivan and DVD player (had to throw props to the mommy van again!!) We got to Greenville in good time before the rain storms came in. We hung around the house with enough time for my "tornados" to take over the house with Sarahs two kids (Charlie 5 and Mary 2). We cracked open the wine and chatted. Then they took us downtown Greenville. We shopped and had some good food. Unfortunately, the rain came in and we couldn't go to the suspension bridge and park. We went back to the house for more fun!! The kids are at such a great age and Sarah's house is perfect for them to explore while us adults get time to ourselves. Sarah and I took the kids to Heritage Park this morning and tried to wear the kids out. We ended up seeing 3 kids with bleach blonde hair with Mohawks. To add to the redneck value they had short overalls on with no shirt. Now I am one to put James in overalls without a shirt but they are long and he has hair. Luckily Sarah and I run in the same mindset so we were able to enjoy the diversity at the park and not have to hear how horrible our gossip was!!! It was a nice chance to laugh:) I know lightening is coming my way I might as well go stand outside with a pole. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them.
On a side note James has started doing a funny trick. When I ask him to come and change his diaper he usually comes over and lays down. Know he comes over does a sommersault (misspelled I know) and prepares for a diaper change. I thought it was just a one time deal however, 5 times later he is going strong!!!

No comments: