Monday, July 12, 2010

Family Time

What a great weekend. The weekend started on Thursday. I finally got to see Eclipse. Definitely worth the wait. On Friday the kids and I went out on a dinner date with my dad. We ended up seeing my good friend Jason and Ansley's teacher at Taco Mac. The kids sat and ate like champs. James did keep my dad busy with high fives for pretty much the entire time we ate. On Saturday Bob and I decided to take the kids to the aquarium since we have season passes. Now we both know that Saturday is the day that the crowds come out like at Disney World. Why we thought that this Saturday which was suppose to be 98 degrees was going to be any different I will never know!!! Thank goodness we had the passes. We only stayed for about an hour. Enough to see the fish in the big tank get fed, the peguins, and the otters!! And of course lets not leave out playing in orange tunnel or sliding down the whale slide. Those are the kids favorite spots. After naptime, we met the Grants up at La Parilla at the Forum and had a good dinner and some playtime at the fountain!!! (Still 100 degrees outside at that time).
On Sunday, Bob took the kids to church and I headed downtown for Phantom of the Opera. As most of you know I LOVE this Musical!!!! This was my fourth time seeing it. I saw it twice in Dallas and once in New York. This was the last time the show was going to be touring:( So sad. However, it gives Bob a great excuse to take me to New York to see it on Broadway!!!  After I got home and found my house spotless thanks to my hubby we headed out to Sundaes on Sunday at St. Lukes. We got to each numerous helpings of ice cream and have a great devotional time! I am pretty sure James was in an ice cream coma. He was so tired and sticky when we got home. Sounds like a busy weekend but was great family time!!!

No comments: