Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!!!

As usual we headed up to the lake for some playtime and fireworks. The lake, of course, made us lazy and relaxed. The kids loved going for boat rides and playing in the water. James only managed to throw one cup over the railing this time. Bob taught him to jump off stairs which is just what he needed to learn. He also learned that running around outside without a diaper on is a good way to water the plants. Ansley learned how much fun it is to swim in the lake. She is almost to the point where she will jump into the lake by herself. However, she became the little swimmer this weekend. She kept GranDonna busy during naptime one day by playing office.
We manage to drag the kids out onto the lake to see fireworks. Ansley fell asleep before they started. She did wake up at one point to check them out. She asked me if the fireworks would hurt her...I said no and she was back sleeping again. Of course the party animal James was up for all the action. He was scared at first but then watched them cautiously. We had a great time with the cousins that night and some great ribs that Bob and his dad cooked the entire day!!
We did leave the cabin standing this morning...barely. As I was showering and getting ready, the kids were running around the house playing with each other while daddy was keeping an "eye" on them. I get out of the shower to hear them laughing hysterically at each other. I think how cute! I finished getting ready and head out to see what the fun play is all about.
EVIDENCE: This was the only decent picture because Ansley of course was lacking clothes. Yes that is baby powder you see everywhere. James was holding the bottle and they were pretty much skiiing in the fun!! It was everywhere. You just had to walk into the room and your mouth would fill up with powder. This was one of those moments where I should have been upset and sending people to serve time in the corner however, I couldn't stop laughing and neither Donna or Bob helped me out with the straight face so I gave up. It was cute how they were playing so nicely. However, I would like to put on the record that I was not in charge during this time!
Below are some pictures from the fourth.
Lunch Picnic

Adorable!
The man!
This was as still as they were going to get!
He insisted that she keep her arm around him! My heart melted.
Check out the beautiful mountains behind us.

On the way to see fireworks in there pajamas.
Stuck in the lego bucket with chocolate all over his face.

No comments: