Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Catch up

I realize it has been a long time since I posted last. The software I use has been acting up so I am back to the old school way for now. Of course I can't just blame the software I must also admitt that it is has been a little busy around here. For the past couple weeks we had been packing up our lives to move into a new house. As most of you know we have been trying to sell our house and move into a different neighborhood. We finally moved!!!! Our new house is amazing. We are three streets away from my sister, 8 houses down from some friends, and two streets away from another set. Thankfully moved in during Halloween so we have gotten to socialize with some of the neighbors. We have numerous kids on our street which is a change from 2 kids. The kids and the dog are loving the backyard. I can be anywhere downstairs and see them playing on the playset or trampoline. We are all sleeping on the same level now! When I get the house setup I will put up pictures. Most of the boxes are out and now it is time to organize. Ansley keeps asking me if we can stay in this house forever. I tell her she can stay until she is 25:) Her reply is "wow that is old." Thanks Ansley!! Lately my sweet innocent 5 year old has been showing me what it is going to be like to live with her during her teenage years. That is when Bob will get sole discipline duty. For example, we were on our way to church on and we passed the old house. Ansley commented on how Mommy would never let her play on that playground (in a less than nice voice). I in turn said that was rude if you can't say anything nice there is no need to say anything at all. She so quickly responded. God gave me this voice to talk and he wants me to. If that doesn't just set my hormones spinning. Holding back I suggest she put her nice voice back on and speak to her mommy like God would want her too. Then I got a bunch of well mommy. At that point I told her to sit back and listen to the music in my nice as can be mommy voice. Luckily, it takes one trip to timeout to set her back on a nice track. Her star chart also reels her back in to my respectful cutie pie!!!
James is still enjoying life. He is fully potty trained!! He is growing like a weed. He is only two shoe sizes below Ansley. He continues to surprise us daily. He was unloading the dishwasher yesterday when Bob and I caught him counting the cups out in Spanish up to 8. Thank you Mt. Pisgah!! When he just feels like talking he starts off the sentence with "Sometimes...." Hopefully I can get it on video so all can enjoy!

No comments: