Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Baby boy has his own agenda

I had my weekly doctor appointment on Tuesday. I was expecting to be about a centimeter dilated and in for the long haul! Just like the other two. Baby boys heartbeat is strong and he was still playing around with the doctor. As soon as she put the monitor on him he flipped to the other side. Talent right there!! When she checked me I was 1 and 50%. So nothing big! However, she was unable to find the head. That was a fun experience. After an ultra sound I got the upsetting news that he is breech. The butt I had been feeling is actually his head. No wonder he gets all wiggly and such when I poke and play around with him. He is roughy 6 pounds 11 ounces with plenty of fluid. He was not happy to be on camera so he immediately flipped over before we could get a picture of his face. He does have a massive amount of hair just like his sister! The doctor had hope he might turn due to his amount of activity and the good amount of fluid. He has been in this position so long I don't really feel good that he will turn. So the c- section has been scheduled for the 16th. Hopefully they will have a cancellation and it will get moved off of James' birthday. I am still having mixed feelings about having a c-section. We have another ultrasound on Tuesday so hopefully he won't be camera shy! Maybe by Tuesday we might have a name or two for this baby but don't get your hopes up!

-Christine

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Christine, so sorry to hear that he is breech. I know this wasn't your plan at all! You will be fine though with the C-section having so much family around to help you. C-section's are not fun but...you will get through it! I will pray another date opens up so that the boys don't have to share a birthday. Enjoy the last few weeks as hard as it is!