Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving week started off with a trip to the Labor and Delivery room Monday night. After lunch on Monday I was unable to get rid of my Braxton Hicks contractions. I new I wasn't in labor because those are definitely not the "labor" contractions, however they were not making me very comfortable. I called the doctor just to see if they could give me any other tips on how to get rid of the tightness. Once the on call nurse realized it was my third pregnancy she didn't hesistate to send me packing to the ER. It is really nice living in the same neighborhood with family. Caroline was over in a matter of minutes and my mom followed. As soon as Bob got home we headed down to Piedmont. Glad we went because my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. The doctor checked me and I was dialated and the cervix was still thick! After an hour they gave me some medicine to stop the contractions which worked and then sent us home!! Then on Wednesday the not so nice contractions started at 2 am and hung around until 5am. That was fun luckily there was a five day Friends marathon going on! So far the false labor has remained quiet for the rest of the week. I am only 37 weeks and three days he needs at least another 2 weeks to cook. However, this week I took advantage of being off work to finish the nursery and wash all the clothes and blankets. Everything is ready to go when we decide to kick him out. I have an appointment on Monday so we should know better the inducement date. The plan was to maybe induce at 39 weeks due to James being 8'11 at 40 weeks.
Thanksgiving has been a wonderful family time. We spent Thanksgiving day with my family and then Friday with Bob's family. It was nice spliting Thanksgiving into two days instead of trying to eat tons of Turkey into one day.
Today Bob headed off to the GT vs. GA game while the kids and I stayed home and played around the house. It is amazing how much the kids love playing in the backyard. Moving into this house has been the greatest blessing for us.
Ansley has been asking since she woke up this morning to decorate the Christmas Tree. Uncle Rusty and family walked over this morning and put it up for me. That was enough to hold the kids off until Bob got home and they immediately ran to the tree and started decorating.
 Had to get a pose in!


 The finished tree!!
 Excuse the shelves. They are a decorating work in progress. I took this picture to show the cute reindeer by the TV.
Stay tuned for Thanksgiving pictures....

No comments: