Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hillcrest orchards

We finally made it to apple picking!! It was well worth the wait. My mom and I packed up the kids and headed to the north GA mountains. The drive was beautiful. The leaves are changing a little bit but the mountains were breath taking. It took about and hour and a half to get there.
There was so much for the kids to do that was free!! They had numerous play playgrounds and animals to see. The kids got to ride a wagon pulled by two mules. There favorite thing was the apple picking. James must have read a book about apple picking at school because when I told him last night that we were going apple picking he told me a cute story. The story consisted of how to pick the apples and then we take them to Grandma's house. Wish I had video taped it.


















Only after the kids had gone down the slide at least 10 times did I realize there was a sign that said you must be six. Opps!!


















That chick can sense what is about to happen!!








I almost slipped the goat into my jacket. He was too cute!











When we finally reached the front of the line to milk the cow my kids wouldn't dare touch her. So grandma stepped in.



James and I did have a Jim Carey moment with the porta potty. He needed to use the bathroom so we trotted off to the porta John. Now keep in mind I have only taken little girls to these potties before. I didn't want James to sit because I thought it would be easier to pee in the urinal. Well the pee went up to the ceiling, down in his pants and everywhere in between. I even tried to point it in the right direction and that was not a good choice. By the time we left the porta potty we were both wet and traumatized. The potty didn't look much better. I rarely take a change of clothes for the kids because they never have accidents. Luckily, I had a couple of Ansley's old clothes in the car to give away. So my poor boy was in flowers on the way home.
We had a great time and I am thankful that my mom got to spend the day with us. The kids had fun and we got some great apples.

No comments: