Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh dear!!!

When this potty training experience started I figured James is a boy and it is going to take a while. He has mastered peeing in the potty. We don't have to remind him to go anymore. He has decided that he can do the process by himself. So far so good. He even wakes up in the morning dry. Can we say rock star. However, we have yet to not have a traumatic experience doing number 2 on the potty. Most of the time he is running to the potty every 2 mins scared to do it in his pants and on the potty. What does this equal holding it until he blows. We have not been punishing him just trying to encourage him in a positive way. Well Sunday night while Bob was at church I was getting the kids ready for bed and my patience ended. I knew he needed to pee before bed. He ran down the hall to Ansley's room to get a book the next thing I hear is a scream and "mommy I pee pee on floor." at this point I was still calm that is easy to clean. Then I walk into the porta potty my son has made of the hallway floor. The smell was enough to make my eyes water. The poop was up and down the hallway. I took the opposite approach I had been taking. As James describes it "I screamed at him." This was the first time I had really been upset with him. Ansley described my reaction to her GranDonna as "mommy said words I am not allowed to say." Thank you Ansley for throwing me out there. James definitely understood I was upset and continues daily to explain to me where the poop goes. He now understands the difference from mommy being happy and mommy being mad. I think I was more scarred than he was!! The big monster truck is still in the closet waiting for a celebration!!

Christine

No comments: