Making friendship fruit salad

This picture is so funny. Check out the kids behind the boy! Typical kindergarten classroom.

Table 3 friends.

We have had a great time doing homework during the week and learning popcorn words!! Friday they went to the science lab. She was so excited to tell me all about the fun she had.
I learned this week that even some adults can't play with sticks. We have had an abundance of sticks in our yard lately. So after the kids go to bed I take Oscar outside to burn some energy! Well Monday I snapped a stick onto my chest. That felt great! So Tuesday I tried to up that accident with throwing a stick directly into my eye at full speed. Yes, that takes talent. Immediately my eye went black and blood started coming out. At that moment all I could think was my eyeball is gone. My mom was so kind to rush over to the house so Bob could drive me to the Northside ER. All the urgent cares around us closed at 7. The ER was very nice thank goodness all the puckers seemed to not be there. It is amazing how many times I had to tell people I was pregnant. It is pretty obvious that I am. When the doctor finally came in and apologized for taking so long because he glued his hand to a patients head he checked my eye out and put a patch on and gave me some heavy pain killers and sent us on our way. I really think people who go to the ER go there for some easy access to strong drugs. Why give me such heavy drugs for my eye especially if I am pregnant. The nurse joked that the baby would love it. I really didn't find that funny. Nor was the pain that bad for drugs with codeine in it. Needless to say those went straight to the trash! I did have to take a day of work off to visit the opthamologist. Luckily, the stick only left me with nasty cornea abrasions. My eye should be back to normal with in two weeks. The best part is I am the running joke of the family. If the kids are doing something crazy Bob likes to remind them about my eye. Now I not only get daily updates from Ansley about how big my belly is getting but she likes to inform me that my eye is looking "much more better."
James and potty training update:
James is a rock star. He remained dry the rest of the week. He is beginning to run to the bathroom without me having to remind him. He is still too short for the toliet so he has almost cracked his head trying to get up by himself. Poop is still a mess. But he is definitely grossed out by it. Last night we we at the pool with Kristy and Brian and the kids. The kids were playing in the baby pool and us adults were sitting at the table enjoying a quiet moment. James got out of the pool and was standing next to it in a way that looked like he was peeing into the pool. So we are all laughing at him because he had a squirt gun so it really looked like he was. Well that funny moment turned real when he gave me the look of fear and grossed out. Yep, he did the unthinkable..poop! I couldn't get mad at him because I was laughing so hard. I did have to thank him for getting out of the pool to do it.
Christine

No comments:
Post a Comment