After two long months of visiting the Fulton county courthouse every Tuesday and Friday my service has come to an end!!! The DA told us the first day that we would learn 3 years of law school in two months. It was definitely a journey. I won't miss driving downtown twice a week and sitting in the front row fourth chair over from the left. I did learn way to much about how screwed up people can be. If you know me you know I can't stand watching the news. Someone needs to tell the news stations that it is okay to report good news, too report the good things cops do for our city!!
Things I have learned:
1) a screw driver can be used to commit any kind of act...theft, aggravated assault, theft of auto...
2) cussing at a cop or threatening to kick a cops butt will land you an extra count on your wrap sheet as terrorist threats.
3) convicts need to serve more of their sentence and the state needs to spend more time rehabilitating them because they are just going to get out and commit the same act again with a gun present and drugs! 90% of the cases involved a convicted felon.
4) you never get use to acts of violence done to a child.
5) There are not enough child endangerment laws!!!!! There are stricter laws for animals than children.
6) The DA's office does a good job putting together cases for us to indict!
7) After stealing a Flat screen tv or a mattress it is not best to walk down the street with it. You are pretty much admitting guilt.
8) Passing out in your car while getting gas with drugs in your hand, beer in a cup holder, and a milkshake spilled in your lap has guilt written all over it.
9) Don't walk into the police station to turn yourself in to only find out there is no warrant out on you and then show a cop a hit of crack... Enough said.
10) The most important lesson I learned was to Thank a cop when you see them. Their job is a thankless job. The stuff they hear and see daily is disturbing! No one ever calls 911 to tell them about the joys in the world.
I could go on and on about more cases since we heard 1,076 cases!! I am looking forward to not seeing or hearing any news for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very interesting. I know you are glad to be done driving down there. And poor Mya, glad Ansley is handling it well. Never fun to lose a pet. :(
Post a Comment