The past two weeks have been very tense and sad. Our first baby Mya was diagnosed with intestinal cancer. As most of you know she has always had special needs. We are pretty sure that cancer has been her problem instead of IBS. The past four weeks she went from weighing 11.5 pounds to 6.3 pounds. It finally got to the point where the tumor was blocking her intestines. She was given to cat heaven today!! Bob and I had to find a way to break the news to Ansley. My mom got a wonderful book about cat heaven. Unfortunately, she found it last night before bed and had the ultimate meltdown. She did not want Mya to leave. She and I talked about what heaven will be like for Mya. Ansley was content knowing that Mya will have her own bed with plenty of blankets and tons of friends. So 30 minutes later she was asleep. The next morning she woke up and she was with Mya until she went to school. As soon as she got to school she told Ms. Rhea all about Mya. ANsley had a great day at school she even comforted Frances during nap time when she was crying because of Mya. Ms.Rhea said she found Ansley kneeling next to Frances telling her about cat heaven and God. Luckily, Ms. Rhea was able to write what she said down so we will be able to keep it!! When I picked Ansley up she was weepy over Mya. We wet to Target and played around. I told the kids that when Mya went to Heaven she left them a present at home.

Yep a huge M&M cookie. We had a Heaven celebration when we got home. Ansley said she was happy Mya was with God now!! After the party, the kids played in the playroom. Ansley came downstairs for her daily booboo bandaid. While she was leaving me she told me she was going to pray for Mya. I overheard her on the stairs praying. Yes I was eves dropping on her. She asked God to make sure Mya had plenty of hugs and kisses and tons of scratches. So sweet!!!
The night ended with dinner at Dagwoods with my parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment