Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mommy knows best

Since last Tuesday Henry has been battling to get comfortable with reflux. We had two semi good days before the weekend and then he just struggled with staying comfortable all weekend. By Tuesday I was done waiting for Zantac to not kick in!!! I called and of course my doctor was out so I got the run around and finally gave in and made an appointment to see a doctor that doesn't know my family's history. I was not a happy mommy but couldn't bear another minute knowing my little one was in pain. So after hearing how my baby just has gas and feeling defeated by the doctor I managed to get my Prevacid prescription! The doctor wanted me to try holding him different and other such suggestions for a day or two before I filled the prevacid. So what did I do I left the office and filled the prescription. I wanted to tell the man that this is my third child and that I am not stupid and mistaking this for gas problems!!! I instead tried to understand where he was coming from all while trying to hold back my frustration for his lack if listening to a mothers intuition! On the non hormonal side the doctor is a smart man and was only trying to suggest ways not to jump to medicate my kid.
I am happy to report Henry had a good day! The medicine should start working in the next couple dayS. Henry is a very easy baby to read as far as understanding his sleep cues and such!!
At the doctors he weighed 9 pounds 9 oz!!!


-Christine

No comments: