Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. My mom and I started off by hitting the mall on Wednesday at 9 am. I think this was the most successful shopping trip I have had in a long time. We spent a little under two hours in Macy's and I was able to cross off most of my Christmas list while saving over $100.
After my morning celebration it came to a halt that night when I had a feeling James might have an ear infection. Unfortunately, when he gets an ear infection he doesn't really run a fever. He had been up for two nights in a row but I thought he was pulling an early two year old attitude. Our day before Thanksgiving adventure began with a trip to the pet store. On the way to the store I decided to just make a quick stop at the minute clinic just to make sure I was right about his attitude. The one thing they don't tell you about the minute clinic is that if your child has had more than 4 ear infections in the same year they can't treat him. Grrr!!! The practitioner was very nice she checked his ears off the record so I could know if I needed to head to Kidstime. The first ear was nasty and the second one was bulging!! So off we went to Kidstime. You would think that a child with ears this gross would be sitting quietly and sluggish in his moms lap. Instead, he was so loud and high on life while all the other sick kids and parents were looking at me like I couldn't control this kid. Luckily, they took us fast. Good news is he on the mend yet blowing up numerous diapers along the way.
On to Thanksgiving...we celebrated Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. The Turkey was juicy and the company was fun. The kids all enjoyed playing in each room of my parents house. We were lucky enough to have Bob's parents with us at my parents house. It is definitely a blessing when both sides of the family can share the holiday in one place.
On Saturday we met up with my brother and his family for a Thanksgiving Pizza. We attempted to take the 4 kids to get a picture with the grandparents at the Forum. Unfortunately, James was a wrecked because I was there and wasn't holding him (yes that is my fault. I take full responsibility). Caroline got some good pictures of the kids however this was the one I got.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: