Monday, June 8, 2009

Beach

Well we made our first vacation as a family of 4 to the beach. It was a success. Bob decided the night before that we needed a minivan to make the trip easier. Of course I am not going to argue with that one. So what did we do we bought a mommy van at 7:00 the night before we were suppose to leave. I have to say it is awesome. The comfort level was great!! I can officially say I am a soccor mom now. For all of you who haven't experienced life with a minivan you are so missing out on an important part of mommy hood. Dont deny yourself:)
Anyway, the beach was a blast!! We got to stay with the Crutchfield Clan. Ansley couldn't get enough of her cousin Logan and Celia. Everytime she woke up from nighttime or nap the first thing out of her mouth was Logan. It was too cute. I am pretty sure he ate it up too. Ansley really enjoyed making sandcastles and chasing birds. She wasn't so sure about the ocean. I am pretty sure she is going to be a runner when she gets older. She must have run 1/2 mile chasing birds.
James only made it out to the beach during the wee early hours (4;30am). He was not so sure about the vacation. Sleep was not his priority. He reverted back to his newborn days of waking up all the time at night. Luckily GranDonna was there to help us out!! He did however love the pool. He just thought that it was a huge bath tub!!! Now that we are back he thinks his little tub is a pool. The bathroom was soaked last night due to all of his kicking.
Hopefully we can do the beach next year and have just as much fun if not more. Ansley woke up this morning asking to go to the beach. Below are just a few pictures!!



Of course the moment we get back from the beach all chaos breaks loose. My house is not longer white it is a light shade of yellow. The painters came last week and instead of doing just the trim white they painted the entire house (light yellow/ trim white). Luckily it was there mistake so we have a beautiful newly painted house. I do have to say it was an awesome mistake. Love the color!! Then my air conditioning goes... it is over 80 degrees in the house. Below is a link to our professional pictures that were taken on the beach check it out... www.melissabphotography.com

1 comment:

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

Hey! Those are the cutest pictures ever! I stole one of the professional ones and changed the picture of ansley and james that you didn't like. I need your login and password to change it if you want me to. email it to me. glad you guys had so much fun!!!!