Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Weekend.

Friday we headed out for our first road trip as a family of 4 plus a dog. It was a bit frightening at first. I didn't plan activities well in the car but things settled down and the ride was smooth. We got up to Burton around dinner time and settled in nicely! James and Ansley shared her room and did awesome even though little guy was up a lot due to the massive amount of teeth he is getting. He has gotten two and on his third one at five months. Unreal!! Can't wait for this to be over with. We were able to get some good boat rides and playtime before the weather came in. James got to go on his first boat ride...think he may have a bit of a weak stomach for that. He could not move in the life vest. His poor cheeks were smooshed which gave him the cutest look!! He loved sleeping on the porch with his GranDonna. I actually got a little bit of time to relax and read a book.
We headed back on Sunday for my nieces graduation party (Paige). She graduated from school and is headed to SCAD this fall. Ansley really enjoyed running around and dipping her body in the pool. She was a bit skiddish about swimming in the pool with Tom. She told Wendy she would come back next weekend and swim. She is too funny. She was using the potty with Frances and I told her to move it or lose it. I hear this little voice telling me to lose it. Couldn't help but laugh.
James and Ansley really enjoyed having Terri, Lauren,and Katherine around today. I got free time from the kids. I always had an extra hand to hold James or entertain Ansley. Loved it!! We got home and James just wanted to sit in his saucer. It was too cute.

No comments: