Friday, June 19, 2009

Update

So Ansley has just started telling us the funniest things. Last week was a rough week. I think she is really missing the routine of school. Luckily, she only has one more week with me full time. In July she starts back at Mt.Pisgah two days a week until August. This way she can get some time with friends and still be at home with me. She was extremely trying last week but today she woke up with a different attitude. The moment she woke up she was different child. She told me that she liked me today. I was thankful to that since we were running late for the YMCA. She was extremely helpful and compliant all day. I have started her on a reward chart. She has a couple jobs throughout the day....clean out dishwasher with my help, clear table, and pick up toys. She has to brush her teeth, get dressed, say please and thank you, and no whining (or crying as she calls it). She gets a magnetic smilie face when she does these things. I got this board at School box and it is really helping with her enjoying the daily tasks.
James went to his 6 month appointment on Thursday. He was enjoying every minute of this experience. He thought the best part was laying on the table with the noisy paper underneath his feet. He had destroyed the paper by the time Dr. Wilburn came in. He is in the 75th-90th percentile for height and weight. He weighs 19 pounds 9 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long. He is of course in the 90 percentile for head circumference (just means he has lots of brains...doesn't help putting onesies on). He is doing very well in all other categories. He was all over the place when the doctor was trying to talk to me. She said that she didn't need to ask me how his gross motor skills are developing. I agree. I swear he tried to crawl today. His back legs moved as his head ramed into the ground.
Hope all is well with everyones family. We are at the lake this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that biggin continues to sleep well.

No comments: