Sunday, March 1, 2009

SNOW!!

What a great way to end the weekend with a little bit of snow. We had a very uneventful weekend until tonight. We pretty much laid around all weekend. It was very nice. We had a scare tonight. We had just finished dinner and was heading upstairs to give the kids a bath. I was a couple steps ahead of Ansley. I heared Ansley start screaming as she was coming up the stairs. Not sure what she did but she hurt something coming up the stairs. If she is like me she slipped and bumped her leg. Bob and I both went running. He got her and she went into the silent scream. We always have to remind her to breathe when she cries. This time she had a piece of food in her mouth and was not breathing. We put her on the bed to look at her leg and realized she was turning a shade of purple. My first instinct was to throw her over my arm and beat her back. The food came flying out and gave Oscar a nice treat. That was extremely scary for all of us. Of course I turned around and James was face down on the bed. Luckily, I had just tossed him there for less than 10 seconds. Poor guy. Looking back I don't think you are suppose to hit a choking child on the back I think that is old school way. But it worked that is all that matters. It takes a scary few seconds to make you realize how blessed you are!!
Onto a good note. We had snow today and was able to get out in it for some fun!! She loved it. She had such a blast catching the snow on her tongue. Below are some pictures

1 comment:

Jenny said...

last time I took CPR you were still suppose to hit them in the back! Quick thinking and great save