Saturday, March 7, 2009

Before I start my vent I have to say that I am blessed to have a job during these times. With that said...my school has become utterly ridiculous. I am not going to name names. The authority figures in the school building has decided that the teachers need to be treated like high schoolers. First thing that irritated me was that we were told we were not allowed to leave the school building. On Friday, one of my assistants goes and gets us lunch. It is during their break and doesn't take away from academics. We were informed that if we leave the building we will be charged a personal day. Really!! Maybe they just want us to eat the unhealthy crap they feed the kids who will be obese one day if they continue to eat it. The weekly menu consist of chicken fingers, pizza, Fish nuggets, buttered grill cheese,and pizzatas. That is a whole other story. Secondly, I got called to the office on Friday. Yes I was told that I had not signed in and needed to. School had not started and I had signed in about 10 minutes before the call. So I walk up there very irritated and feeling like I am about to get detention. I politely said I signed in at 7:30. So she goes to my name and oh there is the check mark. I was told that it was a little bit below the line. Seriously!! Thank goodness my hormones aren't prego anymore. I think steam came out of my ears. I sarcastically said do I need to report to Saturday school for that one. She just kind of smirked. Whatever!! I am really hoping that the county gets out of this debt before Ansley gets into public school. If not I may have to find alternatives. It is amazing what they are taking away from the schools and teachers to cut costs. If I had a child in school right now I would be pissed.

1 comment:

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Ridiculous! Do you need a bathroom pass too? Oh wait - teachers don't have time to go to the bathroom.