Friday, January 23, 2009

This was my first week back at work. It went really well. I am waiting for everything to hit the fan. My students at work were angels. It is only a matter of time until they punish me for being out.
James had a good week too at Grandma's. Thomas is starting to accept the fact that James is a permanent friend. He is now 5 weeks old and starting to really become a joy to be around. He is still waking up once during the early hours. We have so far been to the doctors weekly. This week he was put on antibiotics for Thrush. We went to his one month check up today. Within the first 5 minutes of being in the room he peed all over the wall, floor, car seat, and table. That was great!! I still haven't gotten the whole don't leave the pee pee wide open in the air. He then preceded to poop it up. Dr. Wilburn confirmed that he definitely was a boy. The last two times we have been in the office he has blown up the rooms. I am starting to get a complex. James is now 11 lbs and 4 oz and 22 1/2 in length. He is in the 90 percentile for weight and 50th for height. I vowed to the doctor that we really would try and stay away until his two month checkup. We will see how long that lasts.
Ansley is still enjoying her new school. She is learning so many new things however she refuses to share the knowledge with Bob or I. She told Bob that her teachers do not have names. Yet, she will count to 5 in Spanish for Aunt Caroline. Ansley's teacher is excited about how well she is doing. Ansley has really been initiating potty training these days. We are still having a problem with her keeping her diaper on during the night. I went up to get her out of bed this morning only to find a naked tush. I asked her where her diaper went and she told me it was over there because it was really full. Luckily, she had not peed in her bed. She is too funny!! She is still head over heals in love with her brother. She watches out for him and mimics things that Bob and I say to him. It is so cute!!! We couldn't be more blessed.

1 comment:

Caroline G said...

she actually counted higher than 5. i can't take all the credit- frances was the one who got her started.