Monday, October 13, 2008

Just a bunch of stuff to say.

Nothing much new on this side of town besides potty training and getting fat. We had a great weekend. Ansley survived staying up till 9:30 on Friday. I think that is the latest she has ever been up and I am pretty sure if I have a say it will be the last time. She enjoyed her day with GranDonna and Graddady. She got to play with family friends Glenda and Lou. Glenda got a new camera and I pretty sure Ansley was hamming it up for her. Due to the late night Ansley did not get to go to the Tech game which is probably for the best because she might have learned some new words that aren't appropriate for school minus my classroom. I don't think I have ever been called so many dirty words in all my teaching years than I have this year. I now know why I teach the moderate to severe Autistic kids instead of the mild ones. Since we are on the subject of work... Did you know that it is not appropriate for us to celebrate Thanksgiving at school??? Instead it is called Harvest. When did society become so retarded. Just because there are people that don't believe in religion or any kind of celebrations (even birthday's) doesn't mean that the rest of society should bow down to them. I remember when I was back in Elementary school and we got to wear our Halloween costumes to school. Now we can't even talk about bats during this season much less talk about pumpkins. Don't even get me started on "Winter break."
Back to the family. Ansley has been doing great on Potty training. I read an article by Dr. Rosmound (sorry about the misspellings), stating that the best time to start potty training is 18 months and that the diapers should just be gone. Don't waste time on pull ups. The child will just be lazy if you keep putting a diaper on. So I have convinced myself that it is time to stop being a chicken when we leave the house. I just need to take the portable potty seat and plenty of clothes. This weekend Ansley succeeded in pooping in the potty. I feel bad sometimes because I don't read her signs enough and she ends up crying because she had an accident. I don't even say anything to her and she starts crying. Today she had a tiny poop in her panties and I had to convince her that accidents happen and it is okay. Ansley is so cute!!
I ran into the refrigerator door with my big belly today (shocking I know) Ansley saw me make fun of myself and came up and kissed my belly and said "Baby all better." She is already the perfect big sister.

No comments: