Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vacation at different Lakes

Last Friday we started off at Lake Oconee at Reynold's Plantation. Gerald' s dad was gracious enough to let some of the friends take over their gorgeous home. We had a total of 7 kids under the age of 4. I think Ansley thought that we had joined a sorority. The girls included Ella (who she just loves and can't stop talking about), Michal and Nora Grey (I was hoping their quiet demeanor would rub off on Ansley), and Parks. The boys included Andrew who is 4 and Champ who is one. I have never seen Ansley so hyper as she was that weekend. She didn't take one nap and went to bed late. We are still trying to get her back on schedule. It was really nice to hang out with our friends in one place. Times were crazy but in a really exciting and memorable way.

We are currently playing up at Lake Burton. Bob has a week of vacation so we are spending time in the sun and on the boat. Ansley loves going on boat rides. I think I have figured out why because it is a nice time to nap. We hadn't left the wake zone yesterday before she had fallen asleep in her daddy's lap. Her co-captain skills need a little work. She is not to happy about sleeping in a pack and play again so half way through the night we slept together in the big bed. I have watched Mickey one to many times this week.

On Wednesday Donna and I took Ansley to Babyland General. You can only imagine how excited she was when we stepped into baby doll heaven. At first I think she was a bit weirded out but once she realized that this was little girl heaven then she got into the crazy mode. We spent a good 2 hours there if not longer. She wasn't so much into the baby births however she loved messing up all the babies that were in the separate rooms. I took tons of pictures but they won't be up until Sunday because I left the adapter at home. Of course we left babyland with a stroller, baby, and table. She loves her new baby but refuses to acknowledge the name that comes with her.

I talk to Ansley all the time about the baby in my belly because she thinks sometimes that I am trampoline. So now I think I have convinced her that the baby is sleeping and she needs to be gentle. Last night she showed the cousins my belly, that was wonderful. She has started to rub my belly and kiss it. I know she doesn't get that a newborn will come out but she is enjoying talking about it.

No comments: