Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

We are spending the 4th of July at Lake Burton. No I didn't run the Peachtree this year. It was extremely painful to watch on TV. I will be there next year. I will run a race in February and get a time so I can start at the front. Mark my word I will be a runner in the Peachtree next year. Nothing like missing the hundreds of smelly portapotties, the runners that you pass that smell like they bathed in the portapotties, and of course the free donuts and beer. But most of all the insane lines for the portapotties along the course which force you to squat behind a bush (thanks Bohnet for the wonderful lessons).
Enough of my pity party. Ansley slept the day away like the rest of us so it is 9 o'clock and she is still talking in her bed. All week I have been trying to get Frances in a potty routine. So I have two potties so that Ansley will hopefully want to join her. However, this week Ansley didn't show any signs of noticing Frances sitting on the potty. You would think the amount of times I run to the restroom throughout the day with my two sidekicks in the tiny half bathroom she would seem interested. But it is more fun to play with the toilet paper. So of course the moment we get to the lake Ansley starts telling me she needs to poop (she uses poop for pee too, we are working on the explanation). Hopefully, Monday she will still be interested.

No comments: