Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Americus, Ga

We went down to Americus last weekend to celebrate Richard's birthday. Bob and I love this little town and always get so excited to go down. Ansley just thinks it is cool to be with her parents and grandparents in one place for 2 days. We left Friday and headed to Americus to eat some good catfish. Ansley and her Grandparents headed down early. Bob and I arrived after dinner. Ansley was a perfect angel all weekend.
Ansley came away from the trip with 3 cute outfits and a baby doll. We were in the tot shop and Ansley kept eyeing this baby doll. She kept bringing it up to me and giving it to me. I finally told her to go outside and wait with daddy and grandad. So she gave me the baby and told me a short story and headed out the door. I slipped the doll back onto the shelf. When Donna and I were finished playing we went outside. Ansley stared us both down and got a little puffy eyed. She kept saying baby. I told her the baby is in the store and moved on. Ansley could not believe that I left the store without the baby. Next thing I knew she and Grandad were heading back into the store. Ansley comes running out of the tot shop with the doll in hand like she was making a break for it. She was smiling from ear to ear. You would have thought she was breaking free from jail. Before she could enjoy the baby she falls flat on her face. It was a moment I wish I had on tape. I felt so bad but had to laugh at the same time. Needless to say Grandad was her hero the rest of the weekend.

No comments: