Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day weekend

We are up at the lake for the first weekend of the summer, Memorial Weekend. We are headed back in town for Memorial Day to enjoy some neighborhood pool fun and family cookout!
This weekend we enjoyed just sitting back and relaxing while the kids ran around with friends.
This was taken right before he got on the boat for the first time.


He was all about checking it out.


Yes it is 46 degrees and we were probably the only ones on the lake at 7:30.


Then he realized what a boat ride entailed. He wasn't too sure of this. By the end of the weekend he was all about riding on the boat. His approval came when he was dancing on the boat to Journey!





Parks and Ansley


Tyler and James.


Little excited to be fishing.





The kids fished all day Saturday. James even managed to catch a snake. Ahh! Yes you read that right. His rod doesn't even have a hook. It has a fake plastic cheese on the end. He threw it out and it landed in the roses right by the stone patio where Laura and I were sitting. I look over about two feet from me wondering what is stuck to the end. Yep a snake grabbed a hold and I went running. The rest of the day I had a stick with me and a garden hoe not to far away.





Daredevil! He hasn't fallen in yet but it is not because of lack of effort.









No comments: