You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Camp Christian- Genesis
This year I got to take Ansley to the camp I so dearly loved and have so many wonderful memories. The first year of camp is called Genesis. Each child must have a parent go with them. The best part for me was that two other Moms that I went to camp with have girls Ansley's age. Pretty sure I was more excited than Ansley!! Camp has changed a bit since I went there. They have an air conditioned lodge and mess hall now. When I went we had zero air conditioning! Genesis gets to stay at the front of the camp in the air. We had many chances to paddle boat, canoe, swim, do arts and crafts, and the girls even managed to sneak in a pillow fight. The two ladies running the camp were Mama Pam and Mama Marilyn. Theses to amazing ladies were our camp mamas so it was even more special for us! The last night at camp the girls were night owls while the boys were in bed early. The girls decided to have a sleepover. So we moved all their sleeping gear into one room. After numerous pillow fights, squeals, Two teeth pulled (Frances), and jumping on and off beds the girls settled down for the night and abandoned the sleep over for the safe haven of their mamas rooms. I am proud to say mine was the first one to bail!
No comments:
Post a Comment