Saturday, July 2, 2011

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

This weeks excursion was to the Atlanta Botanical gardens. I have not been there in forever but Ansley went on a field trip with her class and loved it!!! It was hot out so I was prepared for the worst. Fortunately, the gardens are in the shade. The children loved running up and down the different paths. We found several bugs and even two lizards! The children's garden had a water feature and many fun things to explore.






Peter rabbits den!!








Check out how close in height they are. Just measured their feet today James is only .2 inches away from catching up with his sister.















Grandma's garden. The Cow bell won their attention.


After the gardens we walked down the hill (which means it is uphill on the way home when the kids are exhausted) to have lunch at Piedmont park. The kids had a blast on the playground.


James loved the fire truck!


I would give the gardens a 3 out of 5 only because they advertised the children's garden like it had tons of water play when in fact it was one small water feature. But the kids still enjoyed running around and exploring nature. I would give Piedmont park a 5 out of 5. The kids loved it!!

No comments: