Ansley has had an obsession for Rollie pollies for about a month now. She got one from my parents house in May. She ended up putting it in her Easter basket. It pained me to know that the poor bug was not going to make it through the night. Well I guess the bug new it needed to get out because that night it disappeared. I had a feeling this might cause tears in the morning but I was too tired to do anything about it. Well around 5:00am the scream and tears came too. I promised her after school we would stop by grandmas and get more. Not sure why she thinks they only come from my parents house. So we stopped and got some new ones. This time my mom gave her a bug catcher to keep them in. These bugs lasted for 6 days until cousin Thomas decided to make a swimming pool out of their cage. Once I dried the cage out they lasted for another day but then passed on. She didn't notice so I didn't say much. We headed up to the lake for the weekend. She didn't remember the bugs until Wednesday at bedtime. So I told her to stay in bed and I will go and get them knowing they were bellied up!! I got on my shoes and gardening tools and headed outside to get some bugs. After looking under three rocks I found one. Then I moved to to backyard and found two more... Jackpot!! I put some dirt and grass and headed into the house. I took the bugs to Ansley. Boy was she pumped to see her bugs. She was even more excited to see that they had a baby. Guess I should have done a head count of the dead ones. We are on day 5 of these new ones and after being held and dropped I think they two have fallen into a deep sleep. It is time to find a new hobby. Although these bugs are pretty cheap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment