I have always known what an amazing children's ministry we have at our church but yesterday Ansley gave me another "moment."
Dinner preparation can bring about a massive amount of stress when a 15 month old is hanging on my leg screaming, I have a 4 year old complaining about something, and my 6 year old is asking me wh questions! James got a small pocket bible last summer when we were at the mountain fair. Ansley was playing around with it and began reading it to me yesterday. She pops up
to the island and starts reading the Lord's Prayer. When she is finished I explain to her why it is such and important prayer to know. I told her when I learned it and that one day she will be asked to learn it too. She then proceeds to recite it to me. After Ansley picked me up off the floor she told me she learned it at church and from reading her Bible she received from church. If you don't know Ansley she hoards books in her bed. She even sleeps with some under her pillow. She told me that she pulls out her Bible and reads it in bed. It is such a blessing to know that all the love and care that St. Luke's puts toward our children
can be appreciated in such small but significant moments!!
-Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment