We welcomed Henry into our family today. By far the easiest delivery. Of course, if a watermelon was your second baby and the third was only a grapefruit it would have to be easier. He was transverse inside of me which means he was sideways this morning. That is pretty much the worst place to be for a c-section. Luckily the doctors didn't tell me that until after she turned him. Two if my doctors were able to turn him externally. Which consisted of one doctor at the head and one at his butt and then pushing him into the right position. They gave me an epideral and some uterus relaxing drugs first thankfully. Turning him was really cool to see. Without the drugs I don't see it being that fun. This isn't usually that successful but it worked!!!! After they turned him they strapped my belly down in hopes he wouldn't turn back. Henry was an active inside of me especially this morning when I wasn't allowed to eat. Here is a picture of my belly strapped down.

Henry stats were 7'11 and 20 inches long. He has the tiniest head along with dirty blond hair. He came out angry. Once I got some food in him he was content. Ansley and James came to the hospital just after his bath. They loved him. James called him hungry at first but after some practice he got the name right. He kept pointing to my belly and saying baby not in there anymore then turning and pointing to Henry while saying there he is. He just kept saying this over an over again throughout my hospital stay. Ansley loved holding him. She kept saying I just love him he is so cute. Here is a sneak peak of a couple pictures. More to come.

This was the same nurse that cleaned Ansley!!!! She is a character.
3 comments:
Handsome little thing! Good job Momma! I'm so happy everything went well yesterday with the delivery! Congrats on baby Hungry! :) Love it!!!
He is so sweet! I know Ansley was probably ecstatic! Can't believe they turned him. That is so awesome. I hope he is a good baby for you!! Glad he was a reasonable size. :)
Congratulations! He is precious!
Post a Comment