Today we got up and headed down to Peachtree City to visit Grandma Phyllis or as James calls her "Gr-Gma." we had a wonderful visit and as always Phyllis looked beautiful! Of course Ansley did not waste time making herself at home in Grandma's bed. James was determined to master her electric wheel chair. I think he was secretively hoping to race some of the other wheel chair residents. We did manage to have a nice visit without getting put on the "watch out for that family" list!!
So far this Christmas season both of my kids have visited pediatrician. Yes James has his seventh ear infection of the year. The Monday before Christmas they both got a cold. I had s brilliant idea to call the pediatricians office and get an appointment for Thursday. Yes I made them question why I was making a sick appointment that far in advance. I was hoping to cancel this appointment on Wednesday. Thursday we headed in because Ansley was complaining of her ear hurting. As the nurse is taking down notes in why we are here she is smiling ( probably laughing inside thinking what a hypocondriac I am). Dr. Wilburn comes in giggling a little. I run her through the scenario. I tell her James is fine just check out Ansley. Ansley's ears are red but fine. She suggest we just check James out since we are here. Yep,leave it to James to prove me wrong. He has an ear infection. Now I know what some of you are thinking...time for tubes. We chatted about when it is needed. I have been hoping he would out grow this. Luckily Dr. Wilburn is on the same page as me. Since the ear infections rarely bring any kind of pain or fever to James we are going to hold off to the new year hoping that he will not get anymore. If he gets one more we are in tube talk. I know tubes aren't bad and they do good but that is one thing I am hoping to not put on the to do list for the New Year!! However, I have made a new friend at CVS.. The pharmacists knows me by name !!! As I was getting my Thyroid medicine (which was increased a bit) today the pharmacists said "see you soon!" I reminded her not for at least 10 days!!
Now on to the sweet part of this post. James loves to take one toy to bed every night. It is not the same toy. For a while it was a different toy car, then it was a toy store figurine..buzz or bullseye. He even took a soccer ball my brother gave him. Tonight it was a phone. Yes, his thrift store cordless phone was glued to his hand tonight. I went into his room to check on him before getting into bed. He woke up in a daze. The one thing he said to me was phone. I pulled it out from under the covers and gave it to him. He placed it next to his ear and said thank you. I told him nigh night and I love you. He replied back " nigh nigh..I loll ew." What a great way to tuck mommy into bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute little story. I will pray that James' ears will stay healed. I was afraid we were going down the same road with Anna as her last ear infection took FOUR rounds of antibiotics to heal. Ugh. Good luck!
Post a Comment