This week Ansley got to go see Charlotte's Web with her class. When I arrived to pick her up from school they were in the process of completing their newspaper articles about the play. All the kids were drawing Charlotte the spider and the rest of the farm animals. Ansley was drawing a family of people. Ansley literally spends Sunday nap time drawing in the kitchen. Occasionally, she will come and check on me taking a nap in our bedroom (which is on the main floor) and Bob taking a nap on the couch. She usually starts off laying in bed with me singing me a song then gets bored and tells me she is going to draw!!
Ansley loves to write in small notepads. Lately, she has been so proud of herself because she is learning how to write lowercase letters. She will come to me with her notepad and point out her lowercase e or n. She is starting to spell words when I tell her the letters.
James has gotten over his nasty cold. However, he has taken on a new challenge of breaking free from toddler proofed areas. Now that he is in a big boy bed I have had to add knobs to the door that will keep him in his room.When he first started sleeping in his bed he did not know how to open doors. Well give him a couple weeks not only can he open doors but he can open toddler proofed doors!! In any other house this might be a small concern however, our bedroom is on the main level and the kids are upstairs. Therefore, he has to walk down a tall flight of stairs. Not cool. At 5:30 this morning when I came upstairs from working out I heard him talking through his monitor. At 6:00 the talking sounded rather clear and I could hear him walking down the stairs and jumping down the last two. He came walking into my bathroom smiling and chatting away. I asked him how this happened. He said "Door open, Door close." Already a smart mouthed one. I guess this weekend we will be getting a baby gate to go on his room. Nothing like giving him a better challenge.
I have been trying to upload pictures but I am having a bit of a problem. It is probably user error (possible the glass of wine) but stay tuned for pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment