Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Years!!!

I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and Day. We were able to find a babysitter and headed to a good friends house to party!! We were surrounded by a great group of friends and lots of singing and playing rock band hero. Our New year rang in awesome. The next day we headed over to Caroline's house to watch football and eat. Unfortunately, James was not feeling to well. So Ansley and I headed over while Bob did the early shift with James at home. While all the kids were playing there is always going to be a tear or two. However, most of the time it is my love that is the one that is coming up to me to show me fake tears. One particular time Champ was chasing the girls around with a screw driver and Ansley comes up to me and clearly says "Mommy Champ screwed me!" What is the first thing that come to our mature adult minds.. yes we started laughing so hard the tears were running down our cheeks.
Well James just continued to get worse throughout the day and night. I think the finally straw was when we were driving around in the car at 12 am. That was the icing on top of the cake. Sleep has been slim around here. So of course I got up all ready to take James to the doctor today and the doctors office is closed due to the holiday. So I had to take him to Children's immediate care. Talk about the last place I want to be with my 12 month old. That place was full of sick kids that had no clue what cover your mouth meant. There were also signs everywhere about wearing a mask if you think you have H1N1. If you are coughing that much put a mask on. It blew my mind that parents were just sitting next to there kid who was coughing up a lung and was saying nothing about covering your mouth. Luckily, I had called ahead and made an appointment so we only had to stay in the wait area for 5 minutes. James still has a double ear infection and bronchitis. Awesome!! Just what I wanted to hear right before I go back to work. Poor guy just laid on me all day and would sit up occasionally to talk to me. They are so sweet when they are sick.
Ansley and Bob headed to the aquarium this morning. It is so nice having season passes because we can spend an hour there and not feel like we are wasting money. Ansley was so pumped when she got home. It was too cute!!! She has started to get into playing the game memory. It is so much fun when three year old are starting to learn how to do things.
Below are a bunch of pictures from New Years Eve.






No comments: